WHAT: VIU Experience 2021
WHEN: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: Online [see registration link at bottom]
Vancouver Island University’s (VIU) virtual open house event takes place this Saturday (October 2) and includes a $1,000 tuition prize, video tour of Deep Bay Marine Field Station , a chance to speak with the makers of the program and downloadable resources.
The VIU experience is for anyone who wants to learn more about post-secondary education and how VIU can help them achieve their career goals. This includes those who are still in high school as well as those who have been out of school for a while and are now looking to further their education. This free online event allows people to participate wherever they are in the world, while live chats allow attendees to get their specific questions answered.
This informative and fun event includes opportunities to chat one-on-one with recruiters, who can answer your questions about programs, student resources, and how to pay for education; videos (including a virtual tour of our Deep Bay Marine Field Station that showcases all the creatures that call it home); and downloadable resources. Entrants can enter to win a range of VIU prizes and giveaways, including a $1,000 tuition credit prize for domestic students. Other highlights include:
- Q&A events hosted by our Engineering, Science & Technology, and Education programs;
- A live parent session for those who want to learn how to better support their learners; and
- Mini-lectures, including through our Geography, Anthropology and Masters in Community Planning programs:
- The climate emergency: what you need to know and why.
- The anthropological adventure.
- Who plans the city? All about community planning at VIU.
International students will be able to learn more about living on Vancouver Island, accommodation options, immigration, admission requirements and more.
Jenn McGarrigle, External Communications Advisor, Vancouver Island University
C: 250.619.6860 | Email: [email protected]